Why you should never eat food off the floor

1
92

If you’ve ever accidentally dropped a piece of food on the floor, you may have been tempted to pick it up and eat it anyway. After all, it’s just a little bit of dirt, right?

Wrong.

Eating food that’s fallen on the floor can lead to all sorts of problems, from food poisoning to picking up harmful bacteria. Here’s a closer look at why you should never eat food off the floor.

1. There’s No telling what’s on the Floor

When you drop food on the floor, you have no idea what sort of bacteria or other contaminants it’s come into contact with. The floor is full of all sorts of germs, including E. coli and other bacteria that can cause food poisoning.

2. Floors are Often Dirty

Even if you keep a clean house, your floors are probably dirtier than you think. A study by NSF International found that the average kitchen floor has more than 4,000 bacteria per square inch. Yuck!

3. You Could Get Sick

Eating food that’s been on the floor can cause all sorts of gastrointestinal problems, from diarrhea to vomiting. In severe cases, food poisoning can even be life-threatening.

4. It’s Just Not Worth the Risk

When it comes down to it, there’s just no reason to take the risk of eating food that’s fallen on the floor. If you drop something, it’s best to just throw it away. Your health is worth more than a few extra bites of food.

1 Comment

  1. Eating food that has fallen on the floor is arisky proposition. You don’t know what contaminants the food has come into contact with and eating contaminated food can lead to serious health problems. It’s just not worth the risk, so if you drop something, throw it away.

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here