Cats are often lauded as being clean and tidy animals. But the truth is, they’re actually quite gross and disgusting. Here are just a few of the reasons why:
1. Cats groom themselves with their tongues, which are covered in bacteria.
2. Cats often use their mouths as toilets, licking their behinds and then transferring all that bacteria to their fur.
3. When cats vomit, they often miss the litter box and leave a trail of slime and bacteria around your home.
4. Cats can harbour parasites such as fleas, ticks, and ear mites.
5. Cats often shed their fur, leaving behind hairballs that can be difficult to clean up.
So there you have it, just a few of the reasons why cats are gross and disgusting animals. If you’re still determined to have one as a pet, be prepared for a little extra cleaning.