The woman who had a live spider inside her ear

0
23

A woman in China was shocked to find a live spider had been lodged in her ear for five days. The arachnid had been spinning a web inside the 27-year-old’s ear canal, causing her excruciating pain.

The unnamed woman, from the city of Nanning in Guangxi province, visited a hospital after she started to feel a sharp pain in her ear. Doctors were shocked to find a three-millimetre-long spider living inside her ear canal.

The woman said she had been swimming in a river five days prior to the incident and believes the spider must have crawled into her ear then.

It is not the first time a spider has been found living inside a person’s ear. In 2015, an Australian woman woke up to find a spider had bitten her ear while she slept. The spider, which was later identified as a redback spider, is one of the most venomous in the world.

In 2012, a four-year-old boy from Brazil had a spider living in his ear for a week before his mother realised something was wrong.

While most spiders are not harmful to humans, there are a few species that can cause serious health problems. The brown recluse spider, for example, is found in the southern and central United States. Its bite can lead to fever, chills and nausea, and in extreme cases, death.

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here