The amount of sugar consumed by the average person has increased dramatically over the past few decades. In fact, the average person in the United States consumes about 152 pounds of sugar per year! That’s over half a pound of sugar every day!
Most of this sugar is in the form of high fructose corn syrup, which is added to just about everything these days, from soda to bread. This is a major problem, because high fructose corn syrup is very unhealthy.
Here are some of the problems with high fructose corn syrup:
1. It is made from genetically modified corn.
2. It is high in fructose, which can lead to insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.
3. It is high in calories and can contribute to weight gain.
4. It can cause unhealthy changes in cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
5. It can lead to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
6. It can increase the risk of heart disease.
7. It can cause inflammation throughout the body.
8. It can disrupt the delicate balance of gut bacteria.
9. It can contribute to anxiety and depression.
10. It can cause cancer.
These are just some of the many problems with high fructose corn syrup. It’s important to avoid this substance as much as possible.
Fortunately, there are many ways to do this. First, you can read labels and avoid products that contain high fructose corn syrup. Second, you can buy organic foods, which are less likely to contain high fructose corn syrup. Third, you can make your own food at home, using natural ingredients that don’t contain high fructose corn syrup.
Doing these things will help you avoid high fructose corn syrup and improve your overall health.