When it comes to the strangest things people have found in their food, there is no shortage of bizarre and downright gross stories. From fingernails to worms, people have reported finding all sorts of disgusting items in their meals. However, while some of these stories may make your skin crawl, it’s important to remember that most of the time, the food we eat is perfectly safe.
Still, that doesn’t make finding a foreign object in your food any less disturbing. In fact, many people have had such horrifying experiences that they’ve taken to social media to share their stories. Here are some of the strangest things people have found in their food.
In 2015, a woman in China found a dead rat in her bowl of instant noodles. The rat was reportedly cooked along with the noodles, and its tail was sticking out of the soup.
In 2016, a man in the UK claimed to have found a deep-fried spider in his takeaway chicken curry. The man said he found the spider after taking a bite of his meal, and he was so disgusted that he vomit.
In 2017, a woman in the US claimed to have found a dead rodent in her can of Diet Pepsi. The woman said she made the gruesome discovery after taking a sip of her drink, and she immediately spit it out.
While finding a dead animal in your food is certainly shocking, it’s not the only type of gross discovery people have made. In fact, some people have found much more unexpected items in their meals.
In 2016, a woman in Australia found a live worm in her salmon fillet. The worm was reportedly moving around inside the fish, and the woman said she was “disgusted” by the find.
In 2017, a man in the US claimed to have found a used condom in his fast food burrito. The man said he noticed the condom after taking a bite of his burrito, and he was so disgusted that he threw the whole thing away.
While finding a condom in your food is certainly alarming, it’s not the only bizarre item people have reported finding. In fact, some people have found much more dangerous items in their meals.
In 2016, a man in the UK claimed to have found a razor blade in his KFC chicken. The man said he discovered the razor blade after taking a bite of his chicken, and he was lucky that he didn’t cut himself.
In 2017, a woman in the US claimed to have found a sewing needle in her McDonald’s salad. The woman said she discovered the needle after taking a bite of her salad, and she was lucky that she didn’t swallow it.
While finding a needle or a razor blade in your food is certainly alarming, it’s important to remember that such discoveries are relatively rare. In most cases, the food we eat is safe and free of contaminants. However, if you do happen to find something strange in your food, it’s important to contact the restaurant or manufacturer right away.