The curious case of the cat that ate a rubber band

1
21

When Gizmo, a five-year-old tabby, started chewing on rubber bands, his owner, John, didn’t think much of it. After all, cats are known for chewing on all sorts of things, from electrical cords to string. But when Gizmo started vomiting up rubber bands, John knew something was wrong.

After a trip to the vet, it was revealed that Gizmo had a foreign body obstruction in his intestines. The rubber bands were blocking his digestive tract and he needed surgery to remove them.

Fortunately, Gizmo made a full recovery and is now back to his old antics. But John is now more vigilant about keeping rubber bands and other small objects out of his reach.

As curious as cats can be, it’s not uncommon for them to ingest things that they shouldn’t. If your cat is showing any signs of illness, such as vomiting, diarrhea, or lethargy, it’s important to take them to the vet right away. In some cases, like Gizmo’s, surgery may be required to remove the foreign body and save your cat’s life.

1 Comment

  1. It’s so important to be aware of what your cat is ingesting, as even something as seemingly innocuous as a rubber band can cause serious health problems. Thankfully, Gizmo made a full recovery, but not all cats are so lucky. If you think your cat has ingested something they shouldn’t have, don’t hesitate to take them to the vet right away.

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here