When cold and flu season hits, it’s important to take steps to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Here are some tips to help you stay healthy during cold and flu season:
1. Get vaccinated. The best way to protect yourself from the flu is to get vaccinated each year. The flu vaccine is safe and effective, and it’s the best way to reduce your risk of getting sick.
2. Wash your hands often. One of the best ways to prevent the spread of illness is to wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
3. Avoid close contact. If you’re sick, stay away from others as much as possible to avoid spreading your germs.
4. Cover your mouth and nose. When you sneeze or cough, use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose to help prevent the spread of germs.
5. Stay home if you’re sick. If you’re feeling sick, stay home from work, school, or errands to prevent spreading your illness to others.
6. Get plenty of rest. Getting enough rest helps your body fight off infection.
7. Drink plenty of fluids. Drinking lots of fluids helps to keep your body hydrated and helps thin mucus, which can help reduce congestion.
8. Eat healthy foods. Eating a balanced diet helps to boost your immune system.
9. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Touching your eyes, nose, or mouth can spread germs.
10. Practice other healthy habits. In addition to the tips above, other healthy habits such as not smoking and managing stress can help you stay healthy during cold and flu season.