If you want to conserve water and save money, making your own rain barrel is a great way to do it! Here is a detailed guide on how to make your own rain barrel.
You will need:
-A 55 gallon food grade plastic barrel -A drill -A spigot -A drain kit -Silicon caulk -A lid for the barrel
1. Drill a hole in the barrel near the bottom. This is where the spigot will be installed.
2. Install the spigot into the hole.
3. Drill a hole in the lid for the overflow pipe.
4. Attach the overflow pipe to the lid.
5. Seal around the spigot and overflow pipe with silicon caulk.
6. Place the barrel on a level surface.
7. Connect the drain kit to the barrel.
8. Run the hose from the barrel to a drainage area.
9. Cover the barrel with the lid.
Now your rain barrel is all set up and ready to use! When it rains, water will flow into the barrel through the overflow pipe. The water can then be used for watering plants, washing cars, or whatever else you need it for. Just open the spigot and let the water flow!