Making your own Christmas lights is a great way to add a personal touch to your holiday decor. There are a few things you’ll need to get started:
-Christmas lights (miniature, LED, or icicle)
-Wire (22 or 24 gauge)
1. Start by cutting a length of wire that will be long enough to reach from your power source to where you want your lights to end. If you’re not sure how long to make it, err on the side of making it too long – you can always trim it down later.
2. Using your wire cutters, strip about 1/2″ of insulation from each end of the wire.
3. Take one of your lights and thread the wire through the hole in the base. If the hole is too small, you can use needle-nose pliers to gently widen it.
4. Once the wire is through the hole, twist it around a few times to secure the light in place.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining lights, spacing them out evenly along the length of the wire.
6. When you get to the end of the wire, twist the wire around itself a few times to secure the last light in place.
7. Cut off any excess wire, and then use needle-nose pliers to tuck in any sharp ends.
8. To attach the lights to your power source, you’ll need to connect the two wires. First, twist the end of one wire around the end of the other.
9. Then, twist the two wires together a few times.
10. Once the wires are securely connected, plug them into an outlet and enjoy your homemade Christmas lights!