Airplane travel can be a stressful experience for many. But with a few simple tips, you can make your airplane journey more comfortable — and much more enjoyable. Here’s how:
1. Choose your seat wisely. If you have the option, try to select a seat with more legroom. This can make a big difference in your comfort level, especially on long flights. Also, some airlines offer preferential seating for their elite members, so if you have access to that, take advantage of it.
2. Pack the right items for your flight. Bring a neck pillow, blanket, and eye mask if you need those items to get comfortable. Pack snacks and drinks, too, in case the in-flight meals don’t meet your expectations.
3. Wear comfortable clothing. You don’t have to wear your best outfit on a flight, but make sure you’re wearing comfortable clothing. Loose fitting clothing is a great choice because it won’t restrict your movement. Avoid putting on tight clothing or anything that’s too warm or itchy.
4. Bring a source of entertainment. Whether it’s a book, a movie or music, bring something to keep you entertained during the flight. This will help you pass the time and reduce your stress.
5. Stay hydrated. Airplane cabins are notoriously dry, so make sure you’re drinking plenty of fluids. This will help keep you comfortable and prevent jet lag.
6. Move around. Staying seated for too long can cause you to stiffen up. Get up and walk around the cabin every couple of hours to give your body a break and keep your muscles from getting too tense.
7. Relax. Relaxing on a plane can be difficult, but if you take the time to do some deep breathing or meditate, it can make a world of difference. This will help calm your mind and alleviate some of the stress of flying.
By following these simple tips, you can make your airplane travel a lot more comfortable and enjoyable. Taking the time to plan ahead and prepare for your flight can make a big difference in how you feel during your journey.