Making friends in college can be a daunting task. There are so many new people to meet and it can be hard to find common interests. However, there are ways to make the process a little easier. Here are some tips on how to make friends in college:
1. Get involved on campus. There are a ton of clubs and organizations at most colleges. Getting involved in one or two that interest you is a great way to meet new people with similar interests.
2. Join a study group. Whether you’re struggling in a class or just want to get ahead, joining a study group is a great way to make friends and get to know people better.
3. Go to campus events. There are always things going on at college campuses. From concerts to speaker series, there are plenty of opportunities to meet new people.
4. Hang out in common areas. Whether it’s the library, the student center, or your dorm lobby, spending time in common areas is a great way to run into people and strike up conversations.
5. Get a job or internship. Not only is this a great way to build your resume, but you’ll also meet plenty of new people while you’re working.
6. Play intramural sports. If you’re not into organized sports, playing intramural sports is a great way to stay active and meet new people.
7. Live in a dorm. If you have the option to live in a dorm, take it! You’ll meet so many new people and have the opportunity to bond over shared living space.
Making friends in college doesn’t have to be difficult. By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to making lasting friendships.