1. Dogs are not actually colorblind, but they can only see blue, yellow, and gray.
2. Dogs have a third eyelid, called a nictitating membrane, which helps keep their eyes lubricated and protected.
3. Dogs’ sense of smell is 10,000 times more acute than humans’.
4. Dogs sweat through their paw pads.
5. A dog’s normal body temperature is 101.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Dogs have twice as many muscles in their ears as humans do.
7. Dogs wag their tails to communicate their emotional state, not just to show happiness.
8. Dogs can learn more than 1000 words.
9. Dogs’ noses are as unique as human fingerprints.
10. Dogs dream just like humans do.