Water is essential for life, and it is estimated that a human can survive for up to three weeks without food, but only three days without water. Despite this fact, many people fail to drink enough water to adequately meet their daily requirements.
However, when you do make it a point to drink more water, you can reap a variety of benefits. Here are seven proven benefits of drinking more water.
1. Improved Skin Health – Being adequately hydrated helps your skin to remain plump and healthy. It can even reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging.
2. Stronger Immune System – Water helps to flush out toxins and waste from your body and helps your immune system to fight off illness.
3. Boosted Energy and Cognitive Function – Being adequately hydrated can help to improve your energy levels and cognitive function.
4. Improved Digestion – Drinking more water can help to improve your digestion and reduce constipation.
5. Weight Loss – Drinking more water can help to reduce your appetite, which can help with weight loss.
6. Better Workouts – Staying hydrated can help to improve your physical performance during exercise.
7. Improved Mood – Staying hydrated helps to regulate your emotions and can even improve your mood.
All in all, drinking more water has a variety of benefits, ranging from improved skin health to improved mood. Therefore, it is important to make sure you are drinking enough water each day. If you are having trouble drinking enough, you can set reminders or use an app to help you.