Duct tape has been around for decades, but few people know how versatile it truly is. From everyday uses to craft and repair projects, duct tape can be used in so many ways. Here are seven creative uses for duct tape that you never knew existed.
1. Make a wallet: A wallet made of duct tape is light, durable, and fashionable. This project is a great way to use up extra rolls of duct tape, and it’s easy to customize with different colors and patterns. All you need is a few different colors of duct tape and some scissors. Just cut a few strips of tape and layer them until you have the desired size and shape. Then, fold it up and secure it with additional strips of tape.
2. Hang pictures: If you’re looking for a strong yet removable adhesive for hanging pictures, use duct tape. Duct tape has a stronger grip than other adhesive products, so it’s perfect for heavy frames or items you want to keep in place. Just make sure to use a strong wall hook that can support the weight.
3. Create a “Handy” tool belt: If you’re the type of person who needs to carry around a lot of tools, but don’t want a bulky tool box or belt, duct tape is the perfect solution. With a few scraps of duct tape, you can make your own “handy” tool belt. Just attach a few strips to your pants in the desired areas and use the tape to securely hold your tools.
4. Make a hammock: This one’s great for camping trips or outdoor events. All you need is two lengths of rope, a few large strips of duct tape, and a few sturdy trees. Secure the rope to the trees using duct tape, and then use the remaining duct tape to create the hammock bed.
5. Seal a window: Need to seal up a window in a pinch? Just grab a few strips of duct tape and apply them to the window frame. This will create a snug seal that can keep out drafts and insects.
6. Waterproof shoes: You can also use duct tape to waterproof shoes. Just apply a few strips of duct tape around the edges of your shoes, and it will create a waterproof barrier that will keep your feet dry.
7. Repair furniture: If you have an old chair or table with a broken leg, duct tape can be used to repair it. Just reinforce the broken area with a few pieces of duct tape and it will be good as new.
Duct tape is an incredibly versatile material that can be used in a variety of ways. With a few strips of duct tape, you can create a waterproof seal, hang pictures, make a wallet, and even repair furniture. So the next time you’re looking for a creative solution to a problem, reach for the duct tape!