Living longer is something that almost everyone desires. Who wouldn’t want to add a few more years to their life? With all the advances in modern science, it’s no wonder that many are seeking out ways to extend their lifespan. However, did you know that some seemingly odd habits can do just that? Here are five weird habits that may help you to live longer.
1. Laughing – Believe it or not, laughter can actually improve your health. Studies show that laughing releases endorphins and reduces stress hormones, both of which can extend your life. A study published in JAMA Internal Medicine also found that people who laughed more often had a lower risk of death. So don’t forget to get your daily dose of laughter!
2. Taking Cold Showers – Taking cold showers is not only great for your physical health, but they can also extend your lifespan. Cold showers have been found to have a number of therapeutic benefits, such as improving mood, circulation, and immunity. They can also help to reduce inflammation in the body, which is linked to a number of chronic diseases.
3. Fermented Foods – Eating fermented foods such as sauerkraut and kimchi can also help you live longer. These foods are loaded with beneficial probiotics, which are good for your gut health. Good gut health can lead to better overall health, which can then lead to a longer life.
4. Napping – Taking a nap during the day may seem like a waste of time, but it can actually have a positive effect on your lifespan. Studies have found that people who take a nap during the day have a lower risk of dying from cardiovascular disease than those who don’t. So make sure to get your daily nap.
5. Eating Spicy Food – Last but not least, eating spicy food can help you live longer. A study published in the British Medical Journal found that people who ate spicy food at least once a week had a lower risk of death from any cause than those who didn’t. So spice up your meals and reap the benefits.
These are just some of the weird habits that can help you live longer. While there is no guarantee that following these habits will extend your lifespan, it certainly can’t hurt to try. So why not give it a shot and see what happens?