Assuming you mean an unpleasant smell:
1. Find the source. The first step is to identify the source of the smell. This can be difficult, especially if it’s something like a pet stain that’s been there for a while. Once you find the source, you can start to figure out the best way to get rid of it.
2. Ventilate. Once you’ve found the source of the smell, you need to start ventilating the area. This will help to get rid of the smell quickly. Open windows and doors to let fresh air in. If the smell is coming from a specific area, like a closet or cupboard, you may need to use a fan to help circulate the air.
3. Clean the area. Once you’ve ventilated the area, you need to start cleaning it. This will help to remove the source of the smell and also any lingering odor. If the area is very dirty, you may need to deep clean it. This means renting a carpet cleaner or hiring a professional cleaner.
4. Deodorize the area. Once you’ve cleaned the area, you need to deodorize it. This will help to neutralize the odor and make your home smell fresh and clean. There are a number of ways to do this. You can use a store-bought deodorizer or make your own.
5. Prevent future smells. Once you’ve gotten rid of the smell, you need to take steps to prevent it from coming back. This means cleaning regularly and promptly addressing any spills or messes. You may also want to consider using air fresheners or candles to help keep your home smelling fresh.