If you’re feeling lonely, there are things you can do to ease the feeling and make yourself feel better.
1. Connect with others. Talk to a friend or family member, join a club or group, or volunteer. Giving of yourself can be a great way to take your mind off your own problems and feel good about yourself.
2. Get active. Exercise releases endorphins, which have mood-boosting effects. Taking a brisk walk, going for a swim, or playing tennis are all great ways to get your heart rate up and improve your mood.
3. Make time for yourself. Don’t just fill your time with activities. Make sure to schedule in some time to do things you enjoy, such as reading, taking a bath, or taking a nature walk.
4. Challenge yourself. Learn a new skill, take on a new project, or set a goal. Achieving something can give you a sense of accomplishment and make you feel good about yourself.
5. Be accepting of yourself. Don’t beat yourself up if you’re feeling lonely. It’s okay to be alone sometimes and it’s okay to feel lonely. Accepting these feelings can help you move on from them.