1. Speeding – Speeding is not only illegal, but it is also one of the leading causes of accidents. When you are driving faster than the posted speed limit, you are putting yourself and others at risk. If you are caught speeding, you could face a fine, points on your license, or even jail time.
2. Driving Under the Influence – Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal in all 50 states. If you are caught driving while impaired, you could face serious penalties, including jail time, loss of your driver’s license, and steep fines.
3. Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is any activity that takes your attention away from the task of driving. This can include talking on the phone, texting, eating, drinking, or even changing the radio station. Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents, and it can be fatal.
4. Reckless Driving – Reckless driving is any driving that endangers the lives of others. This can include speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, or running red lights. If you are caught driving recklessly, you could face criminal charges, loss of your driver’s license, and high insurance rates.
5. Road Rage – Road rage is aggressive or violent behavior exhibited by a driver. This can include honking the horn excessively, making obscene gestures, yelling or swearing at other drivers, or even getting out of the car to confront another driver. Road rage is a serious problem and can lead to accidents, injuries, and even death.