When you’re feeling bored and lonely, it can be hard to find activities to help you shake off the feeling. Whether you’re alone in your house or separated from family and friends due to a pandemic, here are five things you can do when you’re feeling bored and lonely.
1. Watch a movie or TV show: Catching up on your favorite movie or TV show can help take your mind off of feeling bored and lonely. Whether you’re watching an old favorite or a new release, taking a break to enjoy some entertainment can help brighten your mood.
2. Get creative: Pursue a creative outlet. Even if you don’t consider yourself an artist, there are still many creative activities you can do. Try painting, drawing, writing, photography, or any other creative activity that interests you.
3. Exercise: Get your blood pumping and your endorphins flowing with some exercise. It’s a great way to boost your mood and make yourself feel more energized. Even if it’s just a 15-minute walk around the block, any amount of physical activity can help you feel better.
4. Reach out to family and friends: Talking to family and friends can help you feel connected and remind you that you’re not alone. Whether you call them, text them, or even video chat with them, catching up with your loved ones can be an uplifting and rewarding experience.
5. Try something new: Broaden your horizons and take on a new activity. You could try cooking a new recipe, learning a new language, or taking up a new hobby like knitting or playing an instrument. Trying something new can help you stay engaged and keep your mind off of feeling bored and lonely.
These are just a few ideas for things you can do when you’re feeling bored and lonely. Everyone is different, so there are countless other activities that may help you. Find what works for you and take on activities that will bring you joy and help you combat feeling bored and lonely.