1. Tattoos are permanent. Once you get a tattoo, it is there for life. There is no going back.
2. Tattoos can be very painful. The process of getting a tattoo involves having needles pierce your skin over and over again. This can be quite painful, especially if the tattoo is large or in a sensitive area.
3. Tattoos can be expensive. Depending on the size, detail, and location of the tattoo, it can cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get it done.
4. Tattoos can be dangerous. There is a risk of infection anytime you have needles piercing your skin. Additionally, some inks contain harmful chemicals that can be toxic.
5. Tattoos can be a regret. Many people who get tattoos later regret them. They may not like the way it looks, or they may grow to dislike the meaning of the tattoo.