1. The ocean contains nearly 200 million tons of gold.
2. The ocean is home to the world’s largest living structure – the Great Barrier Reef.
3. The ocean contains more water than all the world’s rivers combined.
4. The average depth of the ocean is around 4,000 meters.
5. The deepest point in the ocean is the Mariana Trench, which reaches a depth of almost 11,000 meters.
6. The ocean covers around 71% of the Earth’s surface.
7. The ocean contains more than 1 billion cubic kilometers of water.
8. The average temperature of the ocean is around 16 degrees Celsius.
9. The ocean contains around 90% of the Earth’s living organisms.
10. The ocean produces around 50% of the oxygen we breathe.