There are plenty of reasons to love both cats and dogs, but if you’re trying to decide which is the better pet, you may want to consider these 10 reasons why cats are better than dogs:
1. Cats are cleaner. They groom themselves regularly and don’t need to be bathed like dogs do.
2. Cats don’t shed as much as dogs. This means less hair around your home and on your clothes.
3. Cats are typically quieter than dogs. They don’t bark or make other loud noises, so they’re better for living in apartments or other close quarters.
4. Cats don’t need as much exercise as dogs. A few minutes of playtime each day is usually enough to keep them happy and healthy.
5. Cats are more independent than dogs. They don’t need to be taken for walks and can usually entertain themselves while you’re away.
6. Cats are less likely to cause allergies than dogs. This is because they don’t shed as much and produce less dander.
7. Cats are more affordable to care for than dogs. They eat less, need fewer vaccinations, and don’t require as much exercise or grooming.
8. Cats live longer than dogs. The average lifespan of a cat is 15 years, while the average lifespan of a dog is just 10 years.
9. Cats are smarter than dogs. They can learn tricks and commands more easily than dogs can.
10. Cats make better companions than dogs. They’re more affectionate and loving, and they bond closely with their owners.