1. Posting photos that are clearly staged and trying to pass them off as candid. We can see that you carefully arranged the books on your coffee table and positioned your laptop just so to make it look like you’re hard at work. But we know the truth!
2. Posting photos of food. We get it, you’re eating a delicious-looking meal. But do we really need to see a photo of every single thing you eat?
3. Posting photos of yourself in various states of undress. We don’t need to see your bare chest or your thong-clad rear end. Keep those photos for your significant other (or for yourself, if you’re into that sort of thing).
4. Posting photos of yourself with celebrities. We know you’re not really friends with them, you just happened to be in the same place at the same time. No need to rub it in.
5. Posting photos of your kids without their permission. Just because they’re your kids doesn’t mean you have the right to post photos of them without their permission. Wait until they’re old enough to make the decision for themselves.
6. Posting photos of yourself that are clearly photoshopped. We can see that you used Photoshop to make your waist look smaller and your breasts look bigger. It’s not fooling anyone.
7. Posting photos of people who are sleeping or passed out. It’s not funny, it’s not cute, and it’s definitely not polite.
8. Posting photos of yourself in compromising or embarrassing situations. We don’t need to see that photo of you passed out at the party or that one of you with your pants down around your ankles. Keep those to yourself.
9. Posting photos of people who are unaware that they’re being photographed. It’s not cool to sneak photos of people when they’re not looking. If you want to take a photo of someone, ask them first.
10. Posting photos of dead people. This is just plain morbid and in bad taste.